I was reviewing what I had written over the last 2 years, and how people had reacted via comments and page views, even what keywords were most popular.
Here is the first draft (pending input from interested readers via adding a comment)
- More dbt2 benchmark articles.
- Amazon EC2 LVM snapshots vs EBS snapshots.
- Backup software for MySQL and specifically on EC2.
- Benchmarking Amazon EBS using iozone.
- Installing, testing and benchmarking the non-standard MySQL engines such as OurDelta and XtraDB and plugins.
- Using EC2 as a test bed for new versions of MySQL and Oracle and other dbs.
- New: Using Microsoft SQL server on EC2.
- New: Using Postgresql on EC2.
- New: Using DB2 on EC2.
New stuff over the next 12 months:
The newest theme for the next 12 months will be revisiting the original idea behind the blog. That theme was the publication of useful methods and recipes for all DBAs and DBA/Developers and people wearing DBA/Developer/SysAdmin/NetworkAdmin or more hats.
A Dojo is a commonly associated with a training place for training in Martial Arts. This Dojo is a training place for Database Administrators (DBAs).
A common method in Martial Arts is a Kata. This is the idea of honing your skills (as a DBA in this case) through training and practice. So there will be articles published under the kata category covering exercises to help people become more polished and skilful with the common tasks and responsibilities of being a DBA.